Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sacred Hideaway

For the past month, I've been seeking the face of God in a different way. I want to know Him and be as close to Him as possible. I've been asking God to just tell me where He is... I want to run to Him and escape from this world and all it has in it.
This morning in prayer, I discovered something I hadn't before. I found a place in God like I've never known. A secret place where I can go to hideaway. I'm safe inside that hallowed space, concealed by saving grace. The only way I got there, was to continually seek the face of God; not what He can do for me, but simply seek Him... to know Him.

You see, to the natural mind and humanistic thinking, we can't logically define a love so divine as God's. A love that covers us, takes away our sin, and saves us. There's refuge and safety under His wing.

It's a place where you can run and be safe, where you find your strength, where you can just be with your creator and hear Him speak and discover what He has in store for you. It's sweet communion with Jesus.

Your life may be in a mess, the things of this world might have taken its toll on you. The enemy may be shooting flaming arrows at you, your so called friends may have disappeared... but there is a place where you can be safely out of sight of everything the enemy is throwing your way. When darkness tries to prevail, devils fight you tooth and nail, run away to your secret place. It's a place that lies just beneath what is real and what is seen, a shadow you can't see when you're underneath His wing.

When you wake or when you sleep, when you're strong or when you're weak, Jesus is always watching over you. The battle is His and He will keep you safe under His wing. Psalms 91:1-1,2,4 'He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2: I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust. 4: He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.'

The only way you will find that secret place is to seek the face of God. Seek Him, not what He can do for you, but perhaps what you can do for Him... to know Him and to be close to Him. Everything you need is in Him. Listen to the voice of the Lord. Do what He says regardless. He knows what's best and He will take care of us. Don't set yourself up for a fall by going back to old habits and past mistakes; rather live a life committed to Him. Find strength, comfort, and safety in your sacred hideaway.

J.H.

No comments: