Friday, October 23, 2009

BOLO

Sometimes late at night when I can't sleep, I'll turn on my tv and try to find something boring to watch and fall asleep. People tell me to read and I'll fall asleep, but I'm an avid reader and will try and finish the book before sleep hits me. One of those sleep-deprived nights was just a while back. Looking for a boring show I have no interest in, I came across a cop show of the world's most outrageous car chases... or something like that. The police put out a BOLO on a particular suspect. Apparently the man fleeing from police was of great importance for seven sheriff cars to be chasing him.

I got to thinking about what BOLO means. The police put out these BOLO's because they are trying to find someone and want everyone else to be aware of whoever they're looking for. BOLO stands for Be On the Look Out. This intrigued me even more...

The Bible says to, "Watch and pray..." (Mt 26:41) Maybe we should all put out a BOLO on Jesus. Be on the look out for Him and His Will for our lives. If we seek Him we will find Him. If we draw near to Him, He will come near to us (James 4:8)

On my run this morning I was reminded of a place in the Bible I read recently... Psalm 23. A familiar passage. Notice that there is constant movement in this chapter... He leads me beside still waters... He leads me in the paths of righteousness... Walk through the valley of the shadow of death... Goodness and mercy shall follow me... There is constant moving here. So living for God is constant moving... That means God will not let you be comfortable, stale or complacent. He's more interested in your growth than your comfort.

Tying this all together... God speaks in the Old Testament, "For I am the Lord, I change not;" (Mal 3:6) If God is perfect and He never changes, that must mean we need to change. Forget your past and leave it behind. Be on the look out for Him and for His Will. Prepare yourself and get ready. Your destiny awaits you and it's coming. Just follow Him into the future He has for you. Be on the look out and move into His perfect Will in His perfect time.

J.H.

No comments: