Monday, November 9, 2009

Rise Up

As a young boy I had a tendency to fall a lot... Yes, I know it's funny. I usually fell while playing sports or something, but there were those random times I'd just trip and fall for no apparent reason. Now that I'm older, I've graduated from falling to just running into things. You know, doors, walls, etc. I realized as kid that if I didn't get up when I fell, I'd never get anywhere. I would just lay there defeated and never get any better or get past what made me fall in the first place.

Going through this life, we all have our times when we fall down. We face situations and circumstances that test us and put us through what we think is the worst thing ever. However, the Word of God states that tribulation works patience (Ro 5:3). Did you ever think that what you're going through is just God trying to teach you something? It's the testing and trying of our faith that make us strong.

What you have to do is remember what God said in His Word, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you" (He 13:5). God is with you no matter what. No matter what situation is staring at you, God is right beside you.

Bounce back from your circumstance. You have the power, God is with you, and no weapon formed against you will prosper (Is 54:17). You don't have to sit silently while the enemy screams lies in your ears. You don't have to sit paralyzed with fear of what the devil tells you. RISE UP! Stand on the Word of God, claim His promises, stand against the enemy and he will be brought down by the power that is in Jesus name.

God has a plan and purpose for you and your life. The callings from God you feel on your life are irrevocable. They never change or expire. You're not here by accident. You are here to fulfill a divine purpose that God Himself has designed for you.

Wait on God's timing, listen to His voice and follow His instructions, then watch what He does with your life. We pray and ask God to guide our steps, but we have to be willing to move our feet in whatever direction He takes us.

You are here for a reason. Don't doubt that for a second! Don't question what God has already told you. You may slip and fall, but don't stay there. Get up, dust yourself off, and rise above it. It's time to rise up!

J.H.

No comments: