Friday, May 20, 2011

Throwback

As I've stated in previous postings, I have a daily routine. I know, I'm a creature of habit. I'll save you the morning habits and skip to the part where I get to work. I get all my things I need at the time and all pressing matters that need attended to first. When I'm ready to get started, I bring up Pandora on my computer or iPad. As I did this routine yesterday, something caught my attention; I saw a picture of an old Pepsi can. I guess I noticed because I have been on a Pepsi kick for over a week for some reason.

What really did it for me was what the ad said on the can and the sign below. It really bothered me. Throwback! You moved on but the past is back! Really irritating.

Now I'm not saying that Pepsi is of the devil, but does this ad remind you of anything the enemy tries to tell you? Yeah you tried to move on, you thought you kicked that bad habit, you thought everyone forgot about that really bad thing you did a few years ago, but WRONG! Anyone besides me ever get told this by the enemy?

Even when the devil tries to throwback our past mistakes, our messed up situations, and so on, we do not have to take it! Okay so you made some mistakes... who hasn't?!?! So you did some things that people won't let you forget... I have too!

Listen, no matter what the circumstance or what the enemy may try to tell you about your life, your past is gone! When you go to Jesus and ask for forgiveness, He forgives you! Micah says that God will have compassion on us, stomp on our sin, and throw it into the depths of the sea (Mi. 7:19). Psalms say that He is slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy (Ps. 103:8). A few verses later it says as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our sins from us (Ps. 103:12).

So let me sum it up for you: when you go to God and ask Him to forgive your sins, He does! Your previous life is over, your mistakes are no more, your past is gone! Don't let the enemy tell you any different. When God forgives, your sins do not exist anymore!

I'm sure we have all had experiences where we were reminded of something we've done or said in our past, and sometimes that happens; but you don't have to dwell on it. We can learn from mistakes, but we don't have to live in them.

When you're surrounded by people who constantly remind you of 'what you did' or when the enemy whispers in your ear that you will never be anything because of that mistake you made, you remind the devil that God forgave you! Don't let the enemy sing you that old song when God gave you a new song to sing. You don't have to live in your past. It's gone!

You are a new creature in Jesus Christ (II Co. 517). Don't let that lying, deceitful enemy throw your past back in your face. Your past is over. Jesus makes all things new!

Think about it.

J.H.

1 comment:

Aaron Roberts said...

"As far as the east is from the west..." -great picture