Tuesday, May 31, 2011

God's Way

College is killing me! Don't get me wrong, I don't regret enrolling in school, but sometimes it is so frustrating! I attend the University of Phoenix (online) and it has recently become a lot harder than I thought it would be. I work full-time, I have a wife, I'm involved in church, I'm getting ready to move, etc. Please understand I'm not here to complain... I am indeed going somewhere with all this...

After completing my first class at UOP, my instructor noticed what he said was, "an extremely bright and ingenious individual". Yeah, I thought that was a little over the top too. I mean really, me? I'm not smart! Well, through a process of days, the president of the university was hearing about me. Long story short, I was the top student in the class and the university and the president wanted to recognize me for my efforts, blah, blah, blah.

Now think about this: I am just a common man. There are so many people out there that excel so much higher in academics than I. Individuals all over the nation that are just pure geniuses... people that work at places like NASA and Dawson Geophysical Inc.

Now imagine: the brightest minds around, the smartest people on earth, the quickest thinkers, the ingenious levels of intelligence... No matter how smart those people are, there is one that knows and sees so much more.

Isaiah puts it this way; "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Is. 55:8-9).

You see, no matter how smart we think we are, God knows all. His thoughts are higher! His ways are higher! Our thoughts cannot even be compared to His.

There are some things in this life that we weren't meant to understand. That is why we should put our trust in the One who does know and who does understand.

See, God is not just a man or someone who can predict the future... He's GOD! He knows everything about you and your life. He knows what is best for you and sees what you can't see. I know, sometimes it's hard to trust in another... especially when you can't even see them. But I challenge you to give Jesus a chance. Trust in Him and He will never let you down. He will never fail.

When we can't see what's going on, when we can't see a way out, God does. He knows what to do and He knows what you need. Trust Him. Trust His ways; they are higher and much better than ours. God sees the end from the beginning. He created you and knows what's best for your life. He also gave you a will to choose. So it's up to you. Will you follow His ways or try and make it on your own?

Think about it.

J.H.

No comments: