Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Break Free

Those days of feeling down and out come to us all. There are times when I don't even feel like getting up in the morning. It's then I have to remind myself of something I already know and understand. God is on my side and I don't have to feel the way I do.

Every time I start to feel like a failure or like my life is going nowhere, I just have to shake it loose. I remind myself that I'm a child of the King and He still has a plan for me and my life. No one can take that away from me because only God gave it to me.

I think of how Pharaoh kept telling the children of Israel to go but then change his mind. It had to be hard for the people. Moses kept saying to let the people go so that they may serve the Lord their God. They were bound and trapped by the enemy and could not go and serve God. Anyone besides me feel like that sometimes?

The enemy may have you bound, you may think you're nothing and that there is no point in trying anymore... just shake it loose! Shake those chains off and be free. Break free from the disease of sin and what the devil tries to tell you. He is a liar and the father of all. Don't give in to what the enemy tries to whisper in your ear.

You have power over the enemy, God's Word says so... "God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, love, and a sound mind" (II Ti 1:7). You have power so use it against the adversary. You have love and perfect love casts out fear. You have a sound mind... that's your peace.

Shake loose everything that tries to bind you up. God said you can make it so why listen to anything that tries to tell you otherwise?! You've got the power and the enemy knows that. Use the power that God gave you and break free!

J.H.

No comments: