Thursday, August 20, 2009

Falling For You

I am so in love!!! It's a great feeling! To think that I have someone that I can run to, depend on, and share my deepest feelings with is so amazing. We could run through anything together and if I fell behind, they would be right there to pick me up and help me along the way. I have a child-like love and it keeps on growing.

As great as this sounds, there was a time that I went my own way, away from the one I loved. I walked away and bought the lie that I didn't need them anymore. Even with that being said, they waited for me like a lover that wouldn't go of their bride. Even though I'd turned my back on them, they didn't seem to shed a tear about it. I think it's because they knew me so well that they knew I would be back.

When the storms of this life get to tough, when my feet were bruised from walking through rough terrains... when my life's winter season left me cold, lonely, and broken, they were right beside me.

In the midst of my troubles, I remembered my love. I came to my senses, came running back to the place where we had started. It was for real this time. I was falling head over heels again and it felt so right.

As some or all out there may think, I'm not talking about a girl I'm crazy about or even a person. No, I am talking about the one and only Jesus Christ. He is my life, my world, and my everything. I went astray in my past; but once I realized that He had never left me, once I figured out that He was right there waiting where we parted, I came running back to Him.

Jesus is all I need. I am a blessed man and it's all because of Him. I'm falling for Him over and over. My Jesus is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It feels so good to be wrapped in His arms. He never left me, it was me that chose to stay behind. His love gives me freedom to run back to Him when I fall.

Jesus. The greatest love that I've ever known!

J.H.

No comments: