Monday, August 24, 2009

Hoot!

Well an interesting title to say the least. I recently got back home from being in Arizona for almost two months. One day I was there, me and some of my family were watching my nieces and nephews as they enjoyed one of their movies. A particular part of this flick had a tree, yes a tree, that said "hoot". It was pretty funny... Then, my three-year-old nephew, Andrew, started repeating it. Not the rest of the movie, just the hoot part. I even have a recording on my phone of him repeating that over and over.

The next few days went by and my family and I still had one word going over and over in our heads. Andrew kept saying "hoot" so much that we just couldn't forget it. What a three-year-old boy said affected us; our conversation, our thoughts, etc. We just could not get away from "hoot".

Don't get me wrong here, this was funny in all sorts of ways, but it got me thinking... One little guy said something so much and in such a way that it affected the people around him. Honestly, I still have "hoot" in my head.

Think about this... what if we were to do something similar to Andrew? Instead of saying "hoot" repeatedly, what if we were to say things and do things that had to do with God?!

I wonder if all we said had something to do with giving God glory and praise, how would it affect the people around us? How close would we be to Jesus if everything we said and did had to do with Him in some way?!

If we would all just have Jesus in our speech, our actions, our thoughts, etc. I believe that we can affect people around us... at school, work, restaurants, in everyday life, etc. Andrew kept saying one word that I don't think my family will ever forget... what if we spoke Jesus and His Word with everyone around us?! Just think how that would affect the people around us for the good. We have the ability to change things around us for the good. If we just speak Jesus. We do that by the things we say and do. People must see Him in us.

Think about it... just reflecting Jesus in all we say and do. The affects will be a hoot!
J.H.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So true! Those little people have such a way of opening our hearts and minds, huh? Great post!

Joseph Hardin said...

Thanks Jen. I appreciate that a lot.