Friday, August 28, 2009

Bye Bye Bye

Today marks an important time in my life. I've had some real battles the past year. It's only by God that I've made it through and that I'm still going forward. I look back over my life in just the past 365 days and I am amazed. There was time when I didn't think I was going to make it. My life fell apart and I've got some scars to prove it. More and more my demeanor looked like quicksand. The pain kept going deeper into my soul. The problems I had were pulling me under, they had a tight grip around my throat trying to choke the very life out of me. My life was overwhelming.

But God was there! I look back and even though I didn't understand then, God had me in the palm of His hand the entire time. Even when times came that I made some progress and I felt like giving up everything I'd worked for, Jesus would pick me up and set me straight.

My past is gone! Your past is gone! There's no need to go looking for your past or the mistakes you made in it. The future is wide open for you. God is with you... don't turn your back on the greatest thing that you've ever had. Jesus is the only hope we have!

Embrace a new start today. Whatever you have in your past, forget it! Leave it behind you and move on... Move on in Jesus. Shake it off, pick yourself up, remember what you just learned, and move forward. It's time to gain some good ground.

Whatever is in your past, God forgave you and forgot about it. You have a new start, a second chance! Take this chance and see what God has in store. You don't have to live with the regret and pain of your past. you've got your own life to lead. You've got a new start. You've got Jesus!

Wave goodbye to the past and keep moving forward!

J.H.

No comments: